Friday, March 15, 2013

SoL 5:Pit Band

Yesterday I had to go to Pit band. It was annoying. Now don't get me wrong, I enjoy playing the saxophone and going to band, but practices just tire me out. Since each practice runs utnil 4:30, it gets really tiring playing the sax for 2 hours. In addition, the practices are 2-3 a week, which is just a huge time chunk that i have to take to go to these practices instead of possibly doing hw or procrastinating. (hehe). Combined with activities like Bio League and FFF, its like i just don't have enough time. Maybe i have to learn to manage my time better? Not sure. Next week will be hectic, what with 3 pit practices and who knows what else.
Procrastination
THIS IS ME
Eh I guess this is all a result of being unable to manage time well, but still. I'd like to keep my relaxing time thank you.

4 comments:

  1. Yay, go pit band! You guys are sooooo good (and also really loud)! I can't wait for the cast of the play to practice more songs with the pit's accompaniment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I know exactly what you mean, but either way, pit band forces me to play the flute- I haven’t sat down to practice for a good half hour since the summer! My favorite part of practices is practicing with the performers. Yes, having three practices next week will be tough, but wait till we reach tech week; apparently, we have to go to some Monmouth County arts center and practice the entire performance until 7 pm each day. I heard that the play is on April 4th and 5th- and I still have a lot of practicing to do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I played trumpet in 7th/8th grade, does that count for anything?

    Haha I wouldn't have the patience for pit band, I hardly had the patience for school band (and we never got anything done!!!). It's good that you found something you like and are going to stick with. Keep in mind, instruments can follow you your whole life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Vanilla Twilight- Yea thanks! Its fun to play with the performers :D
    @Raji-Yea... i mean i enjoy getting the experience from playing and practicing but like the time is just so long :( And 7 pm. um.no.pleaseno.
    @kyle-NO IT DOESNT...haha jk, yea i didnt anticipate it to be such a heavy time consuming activity...

    ReplyDelete