Monday, March 25, 2013

SoL 17: Braces

Ugh, I think this is the first time I’ve written about my braces or even generally thought of them as a bother in a while. Yesterday, my braces broke apart, as in the bracket box thingy that stays glued to your tooth fell off, and that was quite an odd feeling. The box was still attached to the wire, so it just kept sliding around and generally being a bother. In addition to this, today, my bottom wire also detached itself from the base bracket at the back of the tooth. At first, I didn’t feel anything, but now, it starting to get sore. I don’t really know why, but I assume it’s because there is an odd pressure on the tooth, and its pulling or pushing on it (even though it fell off?) Not sure.  However, I’m lucky because I’m going to the orthodontist tomorrow, so hopefully it can be all fixed up :D


3 comments:

  1. I hated braces.....but I got them off last year :P However, my brother just got his in last week (he's 11!) and he's been complaining like crazy about how his mouth hurts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you feel better! Yea, I remember when braces were a pain...at the beginning, I couldn't even eat anything. The wires kept poking the inside of my mouth and I would get tons of cankersores at a time. But once they're taken off, your teeth feel amazing and your gums a lot softer :). My sister's going through the same thing right now, but in the end, you guys will have beautiful straight teeth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So i went to the orthodontist today again and he cut off the wire yay! and also he took a year off my brace time so now im getting them off in 4 months instead of 1 year and 4 months :) Overall i think this is turning out great. Thanks for the advice/personal stories :D

    ReplyDelete