Sunday, March 3, 2013

SoL 2: IRL

So recently, i had to make a frame for my FFF project. Alot of us at HTHS find IED to be a difficult subject since you have to learn how to make all the extrusions and rotations and revolutions, etc. However, I learned that making things IRL is sooo much harder. For one, I had to cut all the wood I needed, and the simple act of measuring the dimensions took almost 30 minutes to perfect. Actually cutting the wood was simple, but then putting together a frame is much harder then it looks. After an hour of swapping drill bits and precisely measuring holes, i managed to put together the basic frame.

Overall it took me about 3 hours to get the wooden frame together, and the fact that it took me so long made me realize that the computer =/= IRL. :(

A picture of the finished product:

2 comments:

  1. Nice work, looks a lot better constructed compared to the frame I recycled from an elementary school project from years ago. So... does it work?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, im currently in the middle of balancing the water thing so that it all works correctly...

    ReplyDelete