Friday, March 8, 2013

SoL 3: (Vector) Graphics


Working on the poster for free form Friday, I was stuck with trying to find an image large enough to fill a 17 by 22 inch poster, yet I couldn’t find any that were that size and free for download. Eventually, I did some research and found that vector graphics would be the way to go. Vector graphics are images that can be scaled to any size without any resolution loss. Similar to text, however, these are full images. I downloaded a couple in the .eps format, and scaled them up to 22 by 32 inches, at 1k ppi. Clearly enough to use in my poster.
Hopefully, all goes as planned as I’m actually facing a few problems with saving, as the files get to be really large. (Like really really large, over 2 gb) But I think the effort is worth it since it looks really good, and since it’s a, as I previously mentioned, vector graphic, there is no blurriness.

No comments:

Post a Comment